Saturday, April 2, 2016

Oh, Happy Day!

Thursday afternoon my daughter Emma and I hung my show at the Middle Street Gallery in Sperryville, Virginia.  We worked hard mastering the hanging system and placement. 

 
This is Emma taking a picture of me taking a picture with my camera.
Here are my 8 x 10s.
These are two of the larger paintings.  As you can see, my theme was TREES and ROWS OF TREES.
 
And today I found out that 4 of my 8 paintings had been SOLD!! The opening isn't for another week.
It was the best feeling to get this bit of news, and very gratifying to know someone likes my work!

2 comments:

  1. I am one of those people (and I'm sure there are many) who LOVES your work, Joan! Your show looks amazing! Congrats on the sales. I'm sure there will be many more. I have added you to my "blogs I Love" list.....hope you don't mind:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Laurie. We definitely have a love of color in common when we paint! I am glad someone is reading the blog. LOL. See you on DPW. Joan

    ReplyDelete